Saturday, July 9, 2016

Hospitalization

2:20 am.....
Exhausted and in a whole lot of pain. Pain/weakness has gotten significantly worse over the past few days. A deep shooting bone pain like my bones are in freeazing cold water and also on fire. I had tried my best to ignore it, but crying pain snd getting no sleep becauseof it is where I draw the line, and accept that I have to go to the hospital. Got into the hospital yesterday morning.

It was agreed upon the resident neurologists and my pen pal neurologist that steroids and pain management is what was needed. Morphine was such a releif, it was anazing to not have to fight this pain. Steroids were given along with more morphine seven hours later. ( having it wear off was pretty excruciating). Nine hours later and again in unbearable pain the nurses informed me that no more orders were authorized by resident doctors. Saying the one iv drip of steroids should have me in no pain.

Seriously?? This sort of intense neuro pain just doesn't go away within a few hours. The evening nurse has been very nice, and has been trying to contact an overnight doc for hours to no avail. Once again I am unable to sleep in the hospital with unimagineable pain and nobody to help me.

The last time this happened was twelve yrs ago. Two and a half weeks in the hospital on iv steroid drip and all the pain management that I needed, including pain meds for a few months after hospital visit. Seriously disappointed in the docs who decided my pain isn't worth their help here.
This shit fucking hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment