Monday, April 24, 2017

April 11th 7 day post op


7 days post-op for Hysterectomy due to BRCA1+ (Ovaries, Cervix, Uterus, everything)
I had my surgery through the DaVinci Robot. Two small incisions and through the Belly Button. I have Multiple Sclerosis and had no idea how my body would react to having severe trauma (surgery).

Right now: 
Feels like extreme cramps.. Lying back in a recliner is the only thing that helps. Bleeding off and on, the more I fidget in this chair the more I bleed.
Very sore inside the incision sites, feels like a huge internal bruise. I am able to walk very slowly to the bathroom and back to the recliner that I have been calling home since the hospital released me. Anything more than this and I start feeling really nauseous.

Something new as of yesterday: muscles are spasming uncontrollably and painfully in ripples throughout my abdomen. (A familiar spasming associated with my Multiple Sclerosis) also associated with MS.. I have had a lot of bloating from surgery and it causes me to feel extremely disassociated with my body. I don't feel like my bloated stomach is my own. A very odd and mind screwing feeling.

Every time I pee it hurts inside! I imagine because the bladder shares a wall with the uterus that they removed. Inflating and deflating my bladder is a painful irritant.

I am having more hot flashes but extra mood swings are yet to be determined: pain is my world right now.

Binge watching Netflix. Put my brain on autopilot to get through the days.
Taking benedryl for itchy incisions, healing I presume.



No comments:

Post a Comment