Saturday, September 10, 2016

Doctor visit, Much Pain


So I realize I have not updated anything for the past few days. Honestly I have started an update a few times but have run out of energy to finish it.

Starting a few days ago my bladder and urinary tract has been on fire 🔥 Having a lot of nauseousness As well cloudy pee etc. etc. classic sign of infection. I know I keep writing about these symptoms but they just won't go away! I have been in bed with a heating blanket much of the past few days. (Btw the heating blanket is AWESOME for my arm and leg and bladder pain, on sale present from my mom)

I have been in severe pain the past few days.. So much that I could not even take care of my snailery. Have not been out of bed much. I decided it would be wise to see my doctor and get another pee test done. (Went to the e.r over this 3 weeks ago and tested negative for infection) I am not crazy, this localized pain is very real!

So visit to My primary care Dr. Snow yesterday with nurse practitioner. Peed in the cup, and it came back negative for typical infection, though it did show levels that indicated a high ammount of inflammation in the UT and bladder so something is going on in there. I mentioned that perhaps since I have been stepping down from prednisone (Prednisone reduces inflammation) that my inflammation has possibly increased? She said she had not thought of that but that could be a likely possibility.
She was still suspicious of infection and decided to prescribe a different antibiotic than the other two I have taken. Also she put in a referral to a Urologist since my case is a strange one and needs specialist help. (Of course it can't be something simple with me) Also going back in a week to report back to doc. She said a referral was put in over 3 weeks ago when I saw the doc last but I never got a phone call... She also mentioned that Dr. Snow put in a referral for wheelchair assistance but I never got a call from them either. Argh.

So! New antibiotic is Cefdinir. This is my 4th round of antibiotics since the 2 week hospital stay. Let's hope it helps! Also hoping for a phone call from urologist soon.

I got samples of Lyrica!! I am Ecstatic about this. Only About ten days worth but I am so sick of being in pain. I mentioned getting them from the manufacturer and she said next visit they will work on helping me get Lyrica somehow.





No comments:

Post a Comment