Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Primary Care Visit

Visit with my Primary Care on the 16th.
This was a follow-up to my visit of suspected ongoing UT and Bladder infection on the 9th (I think).
Was supposed to get a call from the Urologist referral. (Didn't)

Morning of the visit I had bright red pee and intense bladder pain. I literally took a pic of my toilet to prove it, but I will spare you that image.

Peed in a cup, negative for infection, positive for inflammation. Primary care nurse practitioner Annie  was at a loss since this was weird and out of their league. They had been trying to get me a Urologist for over a month. SOMETHING is going on in there for sure. Antibiotics have little affect.

- Peeing hurts
- Pressing on my bladder hurts
 - Full bladder really hurts
- Pain is localized (back does not hurt etc.)

I asked nurse Annie that if she had to guess, what might be going on? She said if she had to guess it would be (something) cystitis i would have to look up the term she used. I told her the AZO pills over the counter really helped (they numb the bladder and UT) which tells her it really IS the bladder etc. But I need really do need a Urologist, as this is weird. I also got my written prescription for Lyrica! Hopefully now I can get the ball rolling with the manufacturer in hopes of free or low cost meds.

So from that visit I got:

- Referral to Dr. Kreiss the Neuro (again)
- Referral to a Urologist (again)
- Written prescription for Lyrica (Needed to Apply to manufacturer)
- Appointment To talk about pain management

Urologist called! I have an appt on Sept. 26th at 8:30
Hopefully I can wait that long.... 7 more days.


No comments:

Post a Comment