Wednesday, January 25, 2017

PAIN!

I wish I could take a USB cord and just plug it into my head and my thoughts would come out in words.

PAIN! Pain has been so bad lately, on Friday I stepped down five more milligrams of prednisone so now I'm down to 15 mg every day. Not just arm and leg pain this is body pain everything every little part of me hurts.

Pain is a constant, I can't get rid of it or lessen it enough to not completely take over. 
I have had to take 2 Percocets everyday and even with the help of opioids I cannot shake it. Medical Marijuana helps some, but with pain as strong as this it is hard to make a dent. Edibles seem to help more, they are so expensive here in Nevada but I am to the point where I don't care about the price of less pain.

Why am I having so much pain? 7 months on prednisone. Just now taking that away from my body. Body is NOT happy.
I'm smart and pay attention to my body. For the most part I am fairly accurate with my assumptions. I did post on my awesome MS Groups on Facebook regarding the pain I am experiencing due to stepping down from pred. Asking if it is normal to feel THIS much pain. I do realize that prednisones is likely suppressing pain and inflammation which is the reason why I was on it in the first place after a bad MS flare. 

I have gotten some feedback from my fellow multiple sclerosis peeps that was useful to me. Most people with multiple sclerosis have not taken it nearly as long as I have seven months is a long time on prednisone and it can wreak have it on your body. I have gained almost 40 pounds which is awful but it is the truth and due to prednisone.

Consensus says:
- It will get worse before it gets better
- Pain is part of withdrawals
- Lots of heating blankets
- Occupy your mind
- Keep stress AWAY
- Eat well, meats fruits veggies
- The cortisol thing (will research)

I am taking adrenal support which seems to be very important when you were coming down from prednisones I also was given some information about taking cortisol when you get down to about 5 mg of prednisone, which I had never heard of but I will research it and if it seems like something that will help me I will talk to my doctor about it.

From people who have come off of prednisones even if they've been on it a month or two they say it's like being run over by A semi truck. Hormones go crazy meaning moods are absolutely wacko, hot flashes come out of nowhere, the "adrenaline" flashes are really bad. I can best describe it as having the feeling of someone scaring you really badly and then having the feeling of being really angry that you have been scared so badly out of nowhere, and then having the feeling of "haha" you got me. All of these feelings happen within about 20 seconds and then repeat itself over and over and over again. It is extremely exhausting to have those emotions. I can only guess since prednisones is so tightly linked with your adrenal gland and hormones that I am having adrenal hormone freak outs.

Also! Having your adrenal gland go through so many emotions ups and downs it triggers my mind to thinking that I have low blood sugar and I need to eat something chocolate very quickly. Imagine having PMS times 20. Your body is absolutely demanding something sugary, I have never had my body feel this way prior to all this MS crap. 

I want to note that I did order Turmeric curcumin with black pepper per my primary care doctor suggestion. Turmeric and curcumin our best absorbed into your system with black pepper and coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment