Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Day 19

Day 19 on stepping down from 15 mg to 10 mg of Prednisone.

Yesterday and today have not been as bad pain wise! I still have a lot of pain, but I am noticing a difference. I am hoping my adrenal glands have kicked in, I think I felt better after about 22 days after step down last time.

It sucks that I just have to suck it up and live with withdrawals, but I am determined to get off of prednisone! I am doing all I can to ease the withdrawal symptoms. I will likely step down on prednisone again in a day or two and will be going down to 7.5 mg.

I want to be excited about my next step down but every time I step down its like knowingly putting yourself into an MS flare. ☹️️

2 comments:

  1. I never tapered off just felt it prolonged withdrawal symptoms. I'd go through a couple of bad days and by the end of the week I was back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO wish I could do that! Unfortunately I have a rare adverse reaction to stopping Prednisone either cold turkey or without a super long taper (I go into Anaphylaxis, and get covered head to toe in hives) I would gladly deal with hives, but having your throat close is pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete