Friday, February 10, 2017

Primary Care Doc Prednisone Step Down

Appointment with my Primary Care doc went well. I only had 15 minutes with him so I had to talk fast. They accidentally forgot to book me at the front desk, at least he was able to see me! The list of questions made it much easier and faster. I did record our doctor visit so if I have any questions I can go back and play it.

- Cortisol injections?
Should be given right BEFORE a major prednisone step down, and only a few times a year. (He gave me a shot in the butt and said to step down 5 mg of prednisone)

- Adrenal Support? I can double or triple this if I need to.

- Depression?
Leave meds alone.

- Acupuncture does work, check groupon.

He noted that after my step down to 10 mg I will then step down to 7.5 mg of prednisone.

No comments:

Post a Comment