Monday, January 23, 2017

Bad week, Falls Pred. And Hormones outta Whack

I realize I haven't updated in a little over a week!
I wish I could say that I have been so busy that I have had no time to put how I'm feeling into words.  But that is a lie. Honestly, I have had so many different feelings that every time I start to write how I'm feeling I can't seem to describe it correctly and I scrap it. I should stop doing that, nothing has to be perfect and I doubt anybody is reading this blog other than myself.

I am writing today because my pain is so bad.  
Usually when I am having a really bad time, that is what indicates my brain to want to document it. I should get in the habit of just summarizing my day at the end of every day.

This past week has been bad. I have gotten pretty good at paying attention to my body, and which pills or lack thereof do what.

Main current issues:
- Hives creeping up my throat (due to pred. Step down) I have benedryl.
- Arm and leg pain
- Depression
- Extremely weak all over
- In between right and left handed
- Limbs giving out, lots of falls 🙁
- Cannot get my words out right
- Hormones out of whack. Crying inappropriately.
- EXTREMELY overwhelmed by anything outside my own house. I push myself but usually regret it. Embarrassing and I let myself down. Circles back to depression.

1) I am on my period and that makes all MS symptoms worse. *note* (Period was way late started on January 18th instead of January 1st)

2) I am stepping down from Prednisone. Stepped down on January 10th and January 20th. I am currently at 15 mg per day. Less Prednisone means more pain coming back and more emotional episodes. Only Time will tell how much the pain will come back when I'm off prednisones completely. Hormones have a lot to do with pred.

3) The weather has been very wet and I think it's messing with the pain level of my arms and legs.

I am thankful that I now have a pain pill prescription of my own. (Percocet) I was trying to hold out and only take them when I am in crying pain, but honestly by that point the pain is SO bad that waiting 45 mins. for it to take effect is excruciating and takes up precious energy. So.... I am listening to my mothers advice and taking a pain pill in with my morning medication pile.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the weather is messing with me too! I'm getting bad leg cramps.

    ReplyDelete