Thursday, November 17, 2016

Neurologist, Geneticist, Primary

So!
I saw Neurologist Dr.Kreiss yesterday, and Geneticist as well. Saw my primary care doctor today.

Neurologist
- I explained as quickly as I could my medical history
- Not much he can do since he does not have my physical medical records (mri spinal tap, diagnosis date etc. which he sent off for)
- Agreed that I should taper all the way off prednisone
- Agreed I should stay on Tecfidera
- Thinks I should stop Gabapentin
- Wants me to try Cymbalta for pain 
- Recommends aqua therapy
- Does not know if his office will continue to take my insurance so I should also book an appointment with another Neurologist (nuthi) just in case his office drops my insurance.
- I see Dr. kreiss in another 4 months (his soonest opening)

Dr.Slotnick geneticist
- He explained much of what I have already known. He recommends for gynecologist 
Peter Lim, or Elizabeth Hudson. For Surgery Jim Harriss and Michelle Chu. He also explained that the uterus has nothing to do with BRCA1 and does not need to go, but double check with gyn and surgeons.

Dr. Snow Primary
- Agrees with tapering OFF prednisone totally
- Agrees with stopping Gabapentin with taper
- Agrees that Cymbalta could possibly help my pain. (However, it does not mesh well with the Effexor I take, and I would have to stop Effexor with a taper. Neurologist did not catch this mistake)
- Suggested I get Dimanos (sp) ? Dimanos helps you eliminate all your pee and is a supplement. Take 1 Dimanos while on antibiotics then 1 in morning 2 at night.
- Suggested I get activated curcumin pill with black pepper supplements for inflammation.
- He thinks that the surgeries would be for the overall betterment of me, not just cancer prevention.

NOTE I called Rachel the insurance case worker to help me find surgeons and gyn. Left a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment