I just called Pfizer, the company who manufactures Lyrica to check on the medication assistance program status. Lyrica is the only non narcotic medication that works for my neurological pain with no side effects. It has almost been three weeks since I sent the forms off, they have not processed them yet, said to check back in a week.
I have decided NOT to start Cymbalta until I know the verdict on Lyrica. I am honestly terrified to get off of Effexor, and mess with my mental meds. The awful nauseating world flipping side effects of not taking it (withdrawal) is far worse than any pain or symptom of MS. I have come off of Effexor once, dying would be more humane. My doc did explain that Cymbalta is much like Effexor but covers a broader spectrum of illness (neurological pain). BUT it is not the same drug. I am very leery to mess with a good thing. I Will If I have no choice as far as pain management.
What other changes is Dr. Vanessa making?
- Starting Today: Stepping down from 30 mg Prednisone to 25 mg Prednisone. Will stay at 25 mg for 7 - 10 days. Armed and ready for possible complications (hives and anaphylaxis) Epi Pen and Benedryl and Phone within reach at all times.
- Starting Today: Stepping down from Gabapentin, from two pills twice a day to 1 pill twice a day. (2400 mg to 1200 mg) will do this for four days and adjust accordingly.
- Will be researching D-Mannose or D'Mannose. A type of sugar our bodies cannot use, it's only use is that it bonds to the walls of the Urinary Tract and Bladder and the sugar attracts bacteria, and it is then flushed out when urinating. Is that not really cool? My Primary doctor is integrative medicine.. Western medicine meets holistic. All things are considered.. It is just a shame that he cannot call out a prescription for supplements!
- Will be researching activated Curcumin with black pepper in pill form. I have organic Turmeric but he was adamant about this specific combo which will help with inflammation better than straight Turmeric. Laura I thought of you when he mentioned this!
I am hoping my insurance case worker who is supposed to help organize doctors for me gets in touch soon. I don't really want to have to take on that task again, sends stress through the roof, and stress always=worse pain and symptoms.
Need to: research neurologist nuthi
No comments:
Post a Comment