On Nov. 4th I got my results from my genetecist.
I am unfortunately positive for the mutated cancer gene BRCA1. I had a 50 percent chance of inheriting it from my mother.
Classic Angelina Jolie case.... Preventative surgery before you get cancer. Chop off your boobs, and rebuild. Oopherectomy/hystorectomy.
This makes everything a lot more complicated. News was numbing at first, then I was just really pissed off that the universe hates me. Now I am coming to terms with reality. It sucks. I don't want any of this.
I have an appointment next wednesday after my neurologist to talk with my genetecist about plan of action. I have questions now... I left the whole cancer gene thing out of my head as I can only handle so much stress at one time, but now its positive and in my face. I am still in an MS flare and they will want to do surgery. Guess what triggered this MS flare? Bodily trauma. Guess what surgery is? Bodily trauma. I am on steroids... Surgeons will not operate if you are on steroids. I am in so much pain already, are steroids helping with some of that pain and inflammation? What happens when I taper totally off? I already have severe mood swings and awful hot flashes from my medication, will I go into menopause and become a raging sweaty monster? I already feel like one.
Side note, going to dentist tomorrow.
My molar cracked a few weeks back and is now causing extreme pain. In theory it could be saved with a root canal but dental insurance is only for the rich. Medicaid will only cover tooth pulls, and very few dentists will even take it. Yay for a toothless america!
No comments:
Post a Comment