November 2nd
I had an appointment with my Psychiatrist today.
She is a very sweet lady.. I See her about every three months or so to get my psych drugs and talk about life. Everytime I see her she is a little more horrified of the things life has thrown my way.
November 8th = Cancelled
My urologist appt I have been waiting for, to see if I have interstitial cystitis was cancelled on Nov. 8th and moved to Dec. 12th. I have been on antibiotics for a month and a half for that appointment. I have to have no possible infection when they do this test, so another month of antibiotics for no reason. I don't think its good for me with such a low immune system. They are just doing it for their own convenience without much regard of the consequences of their patient.
We stopped by my Primary care's office, because I wanted to check on the status of the Lyrica form that needed signing.. They had it ready for me to mail off to Pfizer, and hopefully I will get accepted.
I had questions about Gabapentin so they got me in with nurse practitioner Annie today.
Discussed:
- Gabapentin and how it does not seem to help pain, and it makes me sick with hot flashes.
Solution: Lower gabapentin slightly in the morning dose only and see how it affects me unti I see my Primary on the 17th.
- Can I take Lyrica with Gabapentin?
Solution: Yes! My donated Lyrica is 50 mg instead of recommended 150 but I can take it together.
- Should I be taking antibiotics since I do not need them?
Solution: She could not direct me with a yes or no since she was not the prescribing specialist, but understood my concerns and there are risks. She said to ask them, which I did... They said to ask primary. Sigh....
- Should I continue with 30 mg a day prednisone?
Solution: Yes! Until primary or a neurologist tells me otherwise.
- I have so much pain! What can I do until I hear back from Lyrica manufacturer?
Solution: Pain clinic. I have appointment, not until December. 😢
Fast acting pain medications work, am I a candidate for them?
Solution. No... She would not feel comfortable helping with my pain. ☹️
No comments:
Post a Comment