Friday, August 12, 2016

Assistance with Food Stamps!

I wanted to note, that I was able to get some assistance with Food Stamps!
James did the application for me, government web sites are a serious stress trigger for me, so I will not allow myself to try to analyze them anymore! Thank you honey for doing this for me...

The program here in Nevada is called SNAP
They called me and I did a phone interview to see if I was eligible etc. (funnily enough, the lady that I was interviewing with has Multiple Sclerosis as well!) I kind of explained my situation, newly disgnosed, in the hospital and cannot work at the moment due to MS. Normally they make anyone on the SNAP program go to classes to help with writing resumes etc. My case is that I know HOW to efficiently make an income, but physically and mentally I cannot right now due to Multiple Sclerosis.
So... I had the choice of having a doctor fax a note, OR fill out a SSDI application. The nice lady put a ten day grace period on that so I have till the 19th.

Essentially I need a note saying I was recently diagnosed,was in the hospital for two weeks, discharged but still in bad condition and unable to work at this time. Honestly the hospital thought it unsafe for me to be home alone at home let alone trying to work.
Dr. Jackson my pen pal Neuro does not have access to my hospital records, my New neuro doc appt. is not until September. So I am in Neurologist limbo.

The only person who knows my whole story is Dr. Snow, my primary doctor. He will not be in the office till Monday but I did leave a detailed message about needing his help!

Moral of this story! I was eligible and will be getting some money every month for the expensive food I have to buy to keep at this diet. That is a start....

No comments:

Post a Comment