July 23rd - leaving Hospital to go to recommended Physical Therapy Facility.
So, exiting the hospital to physical rehab wasn't that at all. More like a very cruel joke. The front of the place looked nice! Air conditioned lobby and all.. I was nervous, but hopeful and ready to work on myself. As we got near he living quarters a strong smell of urine was overwhelming. There was no more air conditioning, it was a good breezeless 90 degrees in there.
Rooms are open with 2-3 beds in each one. (Each blaring tvs on different stations) I was set in a room and the transport made a sick joke that my roommate was a quiet one and (literally) not very alive. Mind you I had not passed anyone under the age of eighty and not half catatonic. They talked amongst themselves that they needed to flip me and give me a "skin" check. Wtf? Since I am extremely sensitive to loud noises right now due to ms I asked to switch rooms since my roommate in a coma had her tv blasting an old war movie.
Next room was quite a bit worse noise wise, smaller, and hotter than the last with a very rude roomate. Ms patients need cool air, simple as that. I wAs getting nauseous and sweaty and worried. A nurse who saw my food allergy list said she did not know what they would be feeding me then. Very reassuring.
After an hour of heat and increasing pain because of it we decided this was definitely not a good environment for me. I talked to the one doctor in the place who tried to fear monger her way into making me stay, not to mention she had very little knowledge about m.s. They refused to help with finding a neurologist, or possible at home care until I signed that I would be staying for a lengthy stay. Fortunatelyd for me, I have most my wits about me and saw it as the unsanitary neglectful nursing home it truly was.
That was not vigorous physicalbrehabilitation, that was a place you sit in bed till you die. Hospital did not want me back as they cannot find any help for me due to insurance. So I just went home. Catheter still attached and all. I got all needed prescriptions but one, which I Suppose I will have to fight for. Back to square one... Even as stressful as it is I will have to start calling places and neuros again to try for help. I am beyond tired of fighting. At least on the positive side, I am doing a great job strengthening my own self. Professional physical therapy would be nice but if unattainable I will manage just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment