Tuesday July 26th
Had an afternoon appointment with my Primary Dr. Snow. Thankfully my mom was able to take me, as James works during the day and there is no chance I could drive myself. Catheter was beginning to burn. Thanks mom ❤️ I really do appreciate all you have done for us during these crazy few months.
This was the second time I had seen Dr. Snow, he stepped in for a last minute appointment when my former Neurologist (now my pen pal Neurologist as we correspond through email) left the practice.
Given my circumstance and need for a primary care doctor, he also agreed to take me on as a patient during our last visit.
I came armed and ready with a list, but as soon as the doc walked in the room and saw that I was still attached to the Foley Catheter he said "That looks infected". And actually in the time we were sitting in the waiting room it had begun to look red and cloudy and I was feeling worse than I already was earlier. It was definitely agreed that it must come out, and I should be given oral antibiotics plus a booster shot in the butt so this does not turn into something more serious. I gave him the rundown on my hospital stay and a list of medications I was taking.
We addressed the Lyrica issue, and thankfully he had a bunch of samples that he gave me which will last at least a month or so, then integrate it to Gabbapentin and taper that upwards. Thankfully insurance covers Gabbapentin.
150 mg Lyrica in the morning, 75 at night.
Cipro was decided upon for my uti infection
I explained my prednisone "issue" and how tapering down is dangerous but needs to be done. Amazingly he actually listened to why my immune system attacks itself once it is not given an antihistamine it is used to taking. I will taper prednisone by 5 mg every 7-10 days until I reach 30 mg, then we will create a new plan from there.
I addressed my inhaler, and need for one with refills. He then went into detail about me being on a preventative steroidal asthma inhaler as well. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover this, it was $450 for a one month supply. It was somethung that I am sure woukd benefit me, but unaffordable.
He again brought me 3 (sample) steroidal inhalers Symbicort to help prevent bad asthma, which was very nice of him to do.
We got the foley out (SUPER PAINFUL!) and he mentioned a muscle relaxer to maybe help loosen bladder bowels since my wires are not getting the message from brain to my parts to be able to use the bathroom. Valium twice a day was prescribed. And actually I think they gave me that last time this happened 12 Yrs ago as well.
He sent a referral to Dr. Slotnik. This is the gene doctor that can test me to see if I have the cancer gene brca1 or not. Fifty fifty chance, kind of scary.
We discussed the Dilaudid, and how I should try to wean myself to taking less as I am feeling less pain, which is a good idea. I intend on getting my Medical Cannabis card soon, so that will help a lot pain wise and I will not have to rely on addictive and harm causing narcotics.
My doctor actually spent a lot of time with me, and addressed every single issue with a solution. I was very impressed, and releived!
My energy was shot after my appointment, fatigue and pain was getting the better of me. Guess who could pee that night after taking Valium? Yup, this girl. I painfully was trying to flush my system of infection with tons of water. Seemed to work in conjunction with antibiotics.
No comments:
Post a Comment