Monday, August 1, 2016

Made primary appt. Found a Neurologist!

Monday July 25th

My foley catheter was becoming more uncomfortable, and my bladder hurt. I was really hoping I could pee on my own once it was taken out... I tried to judge it by the last time this all happend 12 years ago, and I needed a Foley catheter for about two weeks then. This was day 12. Since it was reccomended that I see my primary care Doctor Snow after hospitalization (and the fact that I was still attached to a catheter) I got an appointment for the next day!

I also got an appointment to see a Neurologist Dr. Kreiss for September 28th (but I am on the cancellation list). He is my Mom's husbands Neurologist, he has MS as well. (Small world hah) I am glad this Neuro agreed to take me as a patient. There are zero Neurologists within Northern Nevada right now who are currently taking new medicaid patients. Many made this their policy as of the first of the year as medicaid does not pay them well enough. This makes it very hard for people with medicaid to get much help health wise.

I made a list of questions and concerns for my Primary doc. I was able to pick up all prescriptions except for Lyrica due to insurance not covering the very expensive medication, and I could feel a huge difference. lyrica, Dilaudid, and Ketoroloc are my pain management medications. Taking Lyrica out of the equation was a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment