Friday August 19th
Trip to the E.R
Friday evening my bladder pain which was supposed to be getting better actually got a lot worse. It was a minor annoyance, to "I have to lay in bed with heat on it" to "The pain is making me sick to my stomach and pretty severe" My primary care Doc said to go to the E.R by Saturday if I had no improvement or more pain, as it could very likely be that I have an antibiotic resistant infection that could turn into Sepsis very quick since my immune system is so low and many of the medications mask the symptoms of infection, such as fever. The severe pain was worrisome because I had two seperate shots of strong antibiotics, and also was taking a new stronger antibiotic macro something or another.
Didn't want to go to the hospital but a bodily infection is not something I wanted either.
Went to the Renown E.R around 8 pm Friday evening. It was crazy busy.
All the noises and people were a huge overstimulation to of all my senses. Thankfully I Came prepared with heavy duty earplugs... still, it was all I could do to keep my shit together.
Unfortunately we had to wait in the waiting room for 7 1/2 hours before I could get in to be seen around 3:30 am. The pain was getting really really bad, and making me nauseated... so I did go out to the car to lay flat for a while, while James waited inside in case they called my name. That seemed to help a lot.
Seemed we picked a helluva evening to go to the E.R.... I witnessed at least 20 people walk out and go to St. Mary's hospital due to serious cases being untreated for many hours. I guess there is only so much they can do when rooms are full.
After finally getting in, they took massive amounts of blood, and did a few pee tests. Also gave me some pain meds. Pee tests came back infection free! Which was odd, but I was thankful for it. It seems that the new antibiotic prescribed by my primary Doc was actually doing it's job, and bladder/uti infection was gone. ER doc ordered a Cat Scan of abdomen because of all the pain in the bladder, but it came back clear of any issues. Glad for that! But the pain was still really severe... ER doc didn't know what to tell me other than I was free to go home and keep taking the antibiotics prescribed, and Zofran for nausea.
Doc and Nurses said all signs pointed to something more serious, so it was not a wasted trip... it was a good call that I went. James and I were totally beat... we got home around 8 in the morning and crashed.
No comments:
Post a Comment