What many people on the outside do not realize about Multiple Sclerosis, is that not only does it affect your limbs and physical function, it directly affects your mind and emotions as well. (As if we didn't have enough to deal with!)
It's common to get obsessive to the point of panic about the little things, to get angry or snappy at the ones we love (generally out of frustration) and not directed at anyone in particular but it comes out at the nearest victim.
It's common to have a huge array of emotions even within one hour. This takes a huge toll on the body as a whole, imagine the energy it takes to feel the spectrum of emotions so quickly and whole heartedly. Imagine being terrified and confused as to what is happening to you, as well as terrifying and confusing the people around you!
It's common to break down crying for absolutely no reason or to become overwhelmed by people,sounds,lights, fast movements.
It's common that Any stressful news literally feels like the very end of the world. Like THE end of the world. As in ok I am Fed up with life I guess I will pack a bag and move to Antarctica. Sometimes these insanely intense feelings stem from something so logically insignificant as something not getting done around the house.....
Keep in mind that stress is killer... You stress about something be prepared to not be able to walk or see, for me things get tingly and numb as well as very painful. Makes you think... What kind of twisted disease is this?
I am writing this because I am pretty down today.
Down has it's own array of emotions, and they are intensified. Hopelessness takes on a new meaning and you realize just how cruel your own mind can be.
MS sucks. It invades your body, it invades your mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment