Sunday, August 7, 2016

Tecfidera Side Effect - Fatigue, and Prednisone step down

Today!
Is it possible to wake up from 9 hours of sleep exhausted? Yes, it is.
Very worn out feeling. Everything in my body aches, hives and red blotches on me. Hardly enough energy to go pee. Woke up with severe stomach pain and nausea. Today I step down again from prednisone.

55 mg a day to 50

Which brings me to talk about Tecfidera. This is day four of taking Tecfidera.... Unfortunately I noticed very quickly that it gives me stomach pain, nausea, and eventually makes me puke! This is actually one of the most common side effects. Thankfully others have figurd out a plan of attack in dealing with this side effect.

I have researched,
Implemented research, and am now stomach pain, nausea, and puke free from Tecfidera side effect. 👍
Essentially I have to keep food especially protein in my body at all times (this means eating something small every hour or two). This was hard at first, as a queasy stomach is not a fan of food but it has worked! Pain and nausea gone. Also I am not used to eating much so this is strange. I also bought more fresh ginger root to make tea... I will see how that works!

Glad to have found a solution, and to know others have gone through it as well. I hope my body will adjust soon!

Yesterday I had a decent morning!
Since it is the weekend I had a long time client with a German Shepherd who needed a good bath blowdry nails etc. james is here on weekends so I went ahead and booked the poor itchy guy
(seasonal allergies). During my good moments I almost forget that I can feel totally different in ten minutes. I felt very able yesterday morning so I took on the task of Chewy the GSD. Fatigue hit me fast and hard and literally put me on my ass. So James did most of the work! What little bit I did completely drained... I did not help much, which just really blows me away as to how little I can do
physically at the moment. It was rather upsetting really.. Things I can normally do with ease just aren't even within the realm of an easy task lately. Realizing this gives you a whole nother sense of loss-of-self, and entangles you farther into various stages of depression. I cried hard for this one... Grooming is what I love.
Fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks and could not see well or walk for the rest if the day. Frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment